Boot USB with system
Boot USB with the system, Before ‘installing Linux it is very necessary to start a USB stick here it saves the distribution of the operating system to be installed on this appearance, in this way the distribution that has been selected can be installed as soon as the computer starts.
Therefore, you should find the distribution you want to install on its official website and download it via an ISO file.
The next thing is to download an app that allows you to ” Create a bootable USB stick”
for this, you can select one of the many applications available on the Internet.
However, the most recommended for such cases is “Rufo” but remember that you can use whatever you want. like more.
When you have downloaded Rufus,
it will connect USB to your computer and then select the item “Device” or “Name of external memory”.
After entering it you will find the file name of the Linux distribution in ISO format,
from which you downloaded from the distribution’s official website. After selecting it, click “Open” then “Start”.
Then you will see a warning in which the system will ask you if you want the
App Rufus to select an older version to start Syslinux. Here you will also see how you will be told if you want to
write ISO image mode and finally, you will receive a warning that will ask you to delete all data from external memory,
in this case, you have to click on “OK”.
Learn step by step how to install Kali Linux on your computer
The procedure for installing Kali Linux on your computer is very simple
once you have verified that it has the necessary specifications to perform the installation.
So, you just need to follow each of the steps that we will show you below:
Prepare to install Kali Linux
- In this case, the first thing to do is download the Kali Linux ISO file from its official site.
- Now you have to transfer the file on to DVD of Kali Linux or in this case you can boot the system to perform the installation on USB.
- And finally, you have to prepare the pc to start from a USB / DVD from our BIOS.
Start the installation
- Here it will start according to the method you have previously selected, via either USB or DVD / CD,where it will appear on the screen once the system menu is loaded, if you déjà
installed another version of Linux, this will already seem familiar to you. Here you will find options to
run the process graphically or via a graphical interface, here it is more recommended use.
Although this will mainly depend on the type of user.
- In this case, the most recommended option was selected,the next thing to do will be to select the language you want to install, you also need to
choose the keyboard map that interests you the most and that you want to use.
In the next step,
- the installation program will start copying each of the files it deems necessary to your hard drive,several network interfaces will be installed here. You will see a notice where
you will be asked to enter the name of the hosting system, here you can enter what you want.
- The next thing you need to do is create a security password, keep in mind tochoose a sufficiently secure access key. You will also have the opportunity to create additional accounts if you wish.
- Now you have to configure your time zone depending on your place of residence.
- In this new window, you will have the option to have the installation on the whole hard drive or even to create partitions in case you want to have it on multiple hard drives. In this case, the entire hard drive will be selected to y install the distribution. In the case of an advanced user, you can create the necessary partitions, this is in case you want to have a computer with Windows and Linux
- Once you have changed all the previous steps, here you will have one last chance to make sure that you have selected all the complete parameters before installation. once installation has started, you cannot change anything at all auto the changes will be applied to the hard drive and will be irreversible until the installation of Kali Linux is completed. After looking at everything, just click “Yes” and “Continue”.
- When this option is reached, the network mirrors will be installed, for this, you have to answer ” Yes”, in case you answer no, then the installation of repositories in Kali Linux will not be possible.
- Here you need to install GRUB, this will allow you to have more than one system on your hard drive, so, you need to click on the “Yes” option.
- And finally, a window will appear in which you will be told that everything is correctly installed, so you can start enjoying your new operating system, here you just have to click “Continue” to start enjoying your computer with Kali Linux.
video editing tips